Skip to content
Keep Your Kidneys Healthy
- Manage diabetes and high blood pressure with medication, exercises, and nutrition.
- Watch your weight. Obesity increases your risk of developing CKD.
- Stay active. Walking is a great way to improve your overall health. Any activity you enjoy that keeps you moving can provide great health benefits.
- Eat a balanced diet. Ask your doctor about the nutritional guidelines that are right for you.
- Reduce stress. Overtime, stress can take a tremendous toll on one’s health. Practicing yoga, writing in a journal, or listening to music or just a few of the endless ways you can renew your mind and spirit. Find a relaxing activity you enjoy and make it a priority.
- Get regular check-ups. Don’t skip your annual visit to the doctor just because you aren’t experiencing major health issues. Annual check-ups are key to early detection and prevention of CKD and other diseases.